Re: [ietf-smtp] Curious, with this now being associated to emailcore, should list name change?

2020-07-18 19:58:13

--On Saturday, July 18, 2020 18:56 -0400 E Sam
<winshell64(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I think the max size of the header name does need to be
addressed in RFC 5322. Seeing how email and Usenet can
sometimes be the "wild west" I have seen really long headers
and developing mail software the question of header max limits
have also come into my mind.

Out of curiosity and just to be precise, are you talking about
the header field name or the field value?

The other issues on the list are important too but this one is
one that I have personally dealt my hands on.

I trust Pete and the co-chairs will take note.

I look forward to seeing what comes out of the BOF.

Time zones, etc., permitting, please try to participate.  Much
of the BOF is precisely about deciding what is in or out of
scope.

best,