Re: [ietf-smtp] Curious, with this now being associated to emailcore, should list name change?

2020-07-19 09:44:16
In article
<CAKFo7wk+jLGqjs6mU=Gv3G1xAg+O5OyTmt66fjW4DLzUT5kuPw(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com>
 you write:
I think a header value limit for important headers stored in overview
systems (From:, To:, Newsgroups:, Bcc:, etc...) could be a good
idea...

There's no formal limit other than the line length, but there is a registry of
header names, shared among mail, netnews and uucp:

https://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/message-headers.xhtml

Adding new names to the registry requires expert review and I expect
the expert would be sceptical of proposed names that were a lot longer
than the existing ones. I don't see any over 35 characters which seems
reasonable.

R's,
John