Re: [ietf-smtp] Curious, with this now being associated to emailcore, should list name change?

2020-07-21 19:49:00
On 7/21/20 6:01 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

Pete, I think the core issue is the amount of trash we are
accumulating and passing around.  I don't see that as a 5322bis
problem.

I think it's slightly deeper than that, which is that every time one party adds a new header field, some number of other parties decide that they can delete or modify that field, or use it to validate or invalidate the message.   So random parties making random decisions about message headers are detrimental to email reliability.

Keith