Re: [ietf-smtp] own mail server: DNS / static IP / no bad reputation?

2020-10-09 15:32:48
On Sun, Sep 27, 2020, John R Levine wrote:

On the other hand, if you want to run your own mail server, setting up a BSD
or Linux VPS with matching f/rDNS is not hard and not expensive.  I have a
tiny one (20GB disk, 512MB RAM, 1TB/mo) for $27/yr and a reasonably cqpable
one (30GB/1GB/2TB) for $43.20/yr.  To set the rDNS I just put in a ticket

Could you please share the information about the hosting companies
who can provide this kind of deal? ISPs in my new location do not
offer static IPs :-(

Setting up a mail server "in the cloud" (e.g., Amazon) seems to be
fairly useless with all the "bad reputation", so I'm looking for
something that can actually "reliably" be used for mail delivery
-- just for a private person for communication with friends and
companies, e.g., banks, so the mail should not be rejected/filtered
by their ISPs because it is coming from the "wrong" hosting companies.