Re: [ietf-smtp] own mail server: DNS / static IP / no bad reputation?

2020-10-12 15:38:41
Please reread my message, this time noting the examples I gave. This goes well
past happenstance spam sewer adjacency and into legit senders not following
rules somebody just made up or changed.

Could you be clearer about "a single noisy neighbor sending a bit too
much mail without jumping through the necessary hoops."

I've seen individual senders blocked for being new (it was pretty comical what MS did when I set up a 30 day test account at O365 last month) but I haven't seen that block an entire IP range. Bot spam will do that.

Is "filter responsibly" also off the table?

Depends how much you want to pay people to accept your mail. I don't think we want to go there.

Regards,