Re: [ietf-smtp] own mail server: DNS / static IP / no bad reputation?

2020-10-13 05:59:53
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:37 AM Claus Assmann <ietf-smtp(_at_)esmtp(_dot_)org>
wrote:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

[[...]] They pay for its electricity,
bandwidth, and hosting fees, and it is no one's business to tell them
whose mail they must accept or reject, and why.

I am paying fees to my bank and they state they want to be contacted
by e-mail. So I expect them to accept my e-mail (and answer if needed).

And they will. If they don't you can choose to notify them of the
problem. They may or may not resolve it. In either case you always
have the option to use another bank.

But that's not really a good analogy for two parties that don't have
any existing relationship between them, with one party demanding the
other one to accept its email.