Re: [ietf-smtp] Quoted-Printable-8bit

2021-03-30 11:00:58
Nope. MIME was carefully designed to support both 8bit and binary format. We
briefly considered defining the necessary transport - and in hindsight not doing
so was an error - but back when RFC 1521 and 1522 came out the situation
surrounding 8BITMIME was unclear, so we didn't pursue it.

For binary parts you just scan for --delimiter\r\n ? I guess that would work.

The advantage of BDAT over DATA for 8BITMIME is pretty modest, and can
even be negative for the implementations that send small 8K BDAT
chunks.

Acutally, the advantages can be quite significant client-side, depending
on your implementation.

I see how you could use sendfile() to blat a message to a socket if it's stored with \r\n line endings. Is it more than that?

Regards,