Re: [ietf-smtp] Experimental (was: Re: homework, not an experiment, draft-crocker-email-deliveredto)

2021-08-05 12:10:32
On 8/5/2021 10:05 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
I think "Informational" is a much better fit.  This would document the
long established practice of using "Delivered-To:" for loop detection.

It isn't. As I suggested, the document qualifies under more than one of the reasons.

I left off a derivative point, which is that 'Experimental' is a signal to the wider technical and operations community that comments are sought. As they are, in this case.

There seems to be an inordinate focus on the loop detection benefit, while ignoring the handling trace audit use that was, frankly, the original reason for developing the document.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking