Re: prohibiting RFC publication

2000-04-10 12:50:02
At 02:21 PM 10/04/00 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> > > The I-D in question has been referred to an existing IETF WG for review,
> >
> >that assertion was made, but not confirmed by the ADs.
> >is it really true? it seems odd because it really isn't in scope for wrec.
>
> Let me jog your memory:

yes, I remember that wrec said there wasn't a conflict with its work.
that's not the same thing as wrec discussing whether the approach
is technically sound or whether the document is worthy of publication.

I appreciate that you cannot attend every working group meeting but the document, the approach and the implementation were discussed at all but one WREC face-to-face meeting and on the mailing list. We received comments and made changes as a result of discussions on WREC.

Note: many of those who are / were active within WREC were / are also active in discussing NECP.

John

Network Appliance           Direct / Voicemail: +31 23 567 9615
Kruisweg 799                               Fax: +31 23 567 9699
NL-2132 NG Hoofddorp               Main Office: +31 23 567 9600