Re: prohibiting RFC publication

2000-04-10 00:40:01
On Sun, 09 Apr 2000 23:01:38 PDT, Dave Crocker
<dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>  said:
At 10:33 AM 4/9/00 -0400, Fred Baker wrote:
cases where RFCs, like IP on Avian Carriers, started winding up on RFPs
simply because it was an RFC, and therefore "must" be the standard. This
is another case of meaning dilution that I worry about.

In absolute terms, these misuses/abuses of RFC reference are quite
bothersome.

The important question is "Does RFC2549 support prove to be self-limiting
in the marketplace".

I'm afraid I know the answer, and don't like it... ;(

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech