Re: prohibiting RFC publication

2000-04-09 23:30:02
On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Peter Deutsch in Mountain View wrote:

readily accessible. I still see value in having documents come out as "Request
For Comments" in the traditional sense, but it certainly wouldn't  hurt to
find
ways to better distinguish between the Standards track and other documents.

Here's a novel idea: we could stop calling them all "RFCs". Call them by
the designators they get once they're blessed (ie: STD, INF, EXP, etc.),
and stop ourselves citing them as RFC [0-9]+.

Change begins at home, as they say...

--
   Tripp Lilley  *  tripp(_at_)perspex(_dot_)com  *
http://stargate.sg505.net/~tlilley/

   - L.E. Modesitt, Jr., Adiamante