Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-04-23 21:00:05
Most users are not networking geeks.  They like NAT because NAT boxes
make what they want to do so easy.

presumably they don't realize that the NATs are making it hard
to do other things that they might want to do.

I wonder...how many of these folks really want network address
translation, versus those who just want the other things that
NAT boxes often do?   (DHCP, firewall, hub, router, all with
really easy setup)

maybe we need to make it as easy to connect a small net to the
Internet, as it is to connect a host.

Keith

bingo!

[ as easy for all parties, the user and the upstream ]