Re: WAP - What A Problem...

2000-06-29 10:30:02
Anthony Atkielski wrote:

I know it's not very sexy to drop the blue-sky toys, but doesn't anyone ever
work on improving and democratizing existing infrastructure

Well, sure.  Improving--look at MPLS.  Democratizing--there used to be (maybe
still is) an annual effort called Net Day, where volunteers would come out to
schools and install LANs and stuff.  But that's not something that's going to
be technically controversial, since what gets donated is almost always
commodity equipment--both because it's cheap and because it means the schools
will have an easier time maintaining it.

|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own. |
|eCal Corp.      |"Why did you become a spokesmodel?" "Oh, well,|
|francis(_at_)ecal(_dot_)com|I've always liked pointing." -- _LA Story_    |