Re: WAP - What A Problem...

2000-06-29 11:10:03
This I can agree with, the next question that
naturally follows then is is WAP the right protocol
for a fixed wireless application, or are we talking
about yet another set of standards and protocols. I
would tend to
think that one set should work for both.

Regards, Alan
--- John Stracke <francis(_at_)ecal(_dot_)com> wrote:
Alan Simpkins wrote:

For some countries it
is more feasible for people to use mobile
technology

But better still is fixed-wireless, which can
deliver bandwidth
more cheaply, because you have more predictable
signal
conditions.  Unless you're talking about nomadic
headers getting
online out in the Sahara--in which case, development
money would
be better spent on, say, reforestation.

|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions
are my own.   |
|eCal Corp.      |"How quietly do you think we can
nail these back|