Re: Need to preserve Internet Drafts

2000-09-28 11:20:02
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:27:23 PDT, Bill Manning said:
Two key points here. The first paragraph explicitly denys the IETF from
doing anything w/ the document other than publishing it as an ID.
The second point is that the document, as submitted, is only valid, AS an ID,
for a maximum of six months from the instance of inital publication by
the IETF.

So, at this point, the document in question is not an Internet Draft, valid
or otherwise.

OK.. curiosity has overcome me - what status did you *intend* for the
document to have? I see two different interpretations here:

1) "It's valid as an I-D for 6 months and if it's not progressed by then,
I want it to dissapear"

2) "If it doesn't progress as an I-D, it's withdrawn off the I-D track but
still usable as historic information".

I'm looking at case 2 as similar to granting one-time rights to a journal
to publish an interview, but people reading it in the back issues for years
to come....
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst