Re: Need to preserve Internet Drafts

2000-09-28 14:30:03
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:44:00 PDT, Grenville Armitage said:
than 6 months old. If in addition you've revoked the IETF's right to
copy your I-D's words after 6 months, any WG newly interested in your
old work simply has to find a different set of words to express those
ideas.

That's assuming you *know* what the idea was, in detail enough to be
able to write it down.  Of course, if you understand it THAT well, you
probably don't need access to it to refresh your memory..

Question 1: How many people were in the IPNG working group when O'Dell
posted his draft?

Question 2: How many still remember what the 8+8 proposal addressed
in general terms?

Question 3: How many can re-create the proposal from memory?

(My answers - (1) I was there, (2) it sparked a lot of discussion regarding
multihoming and (3) I can't remember without peeking anything more than
"Oh Yeah, O'Dell had an interesting idea about that....". ;)

Question 4: How much would the ideas in that draft influence the multihoming
discussion happening just 2 weeks ago on the NANOG mailing list?

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst