Re: Deja Vu

2001-03-22 13:00:02
In a previous message, William Allen Simpson said:

[...]
The real problem has been DHCP (again).  Cannot get an address on
wireless at all (checked every day).  Takes several tries (up to 20
minutes) to get an address on wired network.

Also, my Farallon card on my Mac has had a tough time even seeing
some of the AP-1000s.  I've placed the laptop within 3 feet, and
detected no wireless.  In other rooms, I've seen 2 or 3 APs.

None of the Mac folks I've talked to have had any success with the
wireless DHCP.  We have to hand configure.

(Heck, we should have discussed this while we were sitting in the
same meeting room this morning.)

I agree that my poor Mac (using the "built-in" AirPort card) has
needed to ask the DHCP server three or four times for an address,
but I do eventually get the addresses on the wireless network.

Question: did somebody use M$ NT DHCP again?  We know it doesn't work
reliably.

Good question.

[...]

--