Re: [Hist Trivia] IP Protocol Layers

2001-07-20 14:20:04

"Timothy J. Salo" wrote:

Can anyone point me to an early reference describing the Internet
protocol layers in IP terms, rather than OSI terms?

One recent text used the following terms.  However, I don't know whether
this description has a long history, or is simply revisionist history.

Hi, all,

FYI, there is a new mailing list, suggested by Bob Braden
and hosted by ISI's Postel Center for Experimental Networking,
focusing on this kind of 'Internet History' Q&A.

The list is an open forum for discussing issues of Internet History.
We hope to support these sorts of discussions, as well as hosting
a set of FAQs.

To subscribe to the list, visit the automated website at: