RE: I-D ACTION:draft-brezak-spnego-http-00.txt

2001-09-25 09:40:05
Before jumping to conclusions, where is the offending character? I try
to catch these, but sometimes they slip through. A little context from
the document will help me find them and correct them for a subsequent
submission to correct typos.

-----Original Message-----
From: Garrett Wollman
[mailto:wollman(_at_)khavrinen(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 9:27 AM
To: John Brezak
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brezak-spnego-http-00.txt

<<On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:11:10 -0400, Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org said:

This document describes how Microsoft\306s Internet Explorer 5.0 and

This announcement continues a disturbing trend of MicrosoftSCII
appearing in what are supposed to be ASCII text documents.  It's
particularly egregious in this announcement, since there is no
Content-Type header indicating in what character set the \306 should be
rendered.  (In my system's default encoding, it's a capital
ae-ligature.)  The document itself also contains \373 characters as well
(seen as u-circumflex).

-GAWollman