Re: I-D ACTION:draft-brezak-spnego-http-00.txt

2001-09-25 22:50:02
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:39:14 PDT, Dave Crocker said:
Equally, it is clear that the strongly international quality to the IETF
requires permitting at least SOME encoding of non-ASCII.  As you note, at
least being able to encode a person's name properly would seem more than
appropriate.

If we're allowing non-ascii, it has to be able to encode the string:
Valdis Kl=?iso8859-4?Q?=BA?=tnieks  (or utf-8/unicode/etc equivalent).

Yes, 8859-4, not -1.  I'm getting tired of "solutions" that only work
for 8859-1, or for only one 8859-X at a time. ;)

This however *does* raise a ettiquette/stylebook question:

My mail software is able to deal with 2022-encoded text, and I've often
gotten mail that starts off with: