Re: I-D ACTION:draft-brezak-spnego-http-00.txt

2001-09-27 12:40:03

   *>
  *> She thanked me for my suggestion, but seemed not to be interested in
  *> my offer to supply the format checking program.
  *>
  *> I have a couple of questions regarding format policy:
  *>
  *>   - Are unpaginated drafts acceptable?  I think they probably should
  *>     be (and have been accepted in the past) because I-D's are supposed
  *>     to serve for quick proposals as well as finished documents.  But
  *>     if a draft does contain pagination, then it should be limited to
  *>     58 lines as in the I-D guidelines and RFC 2223.
  *>
  *>   - Is it accurate that I-D's and RFCs are supposed to contain only
  *>     the US-ASCII (7-bit) character set?  Or are we supposed to allow
  *>     for ISO-Latin-1 characters in people's names, etc.?  I thought I
  *>     saw a document somewhere that answered this question (and said
  *>     US-ASCII only), but RFC 2223 only says "The character codes are
  *>     ASCII" which may not be specific enough.

Steve,

Knowing Jon, we may suspect that little piece of ambiguity may have
been deliberate. ;-)

However, the RFC Editor is currently enforcing 7-bit ASCII.  We
recognize that this policy may not be the final answer.

RFC Editor