Re: Blue Sheet Etiquette

2001-12-20 13:10:03
I believe there can be benign reasons for copying details
from a blue sheet.

I was struck by how few WG chairs and presenters introduced
themselves at IETF52 so the room was filled with a sea of
Als and Berts, Andys and Randys, Geoffs and Jeffs,  etc. and
etc.  Sitting at the back, I got a blue sheet with surnames
on it and could often marry the surnames to the (backs of
the) heads of those present.  And when I recognised the
surnames as those of ID and RFC authors, I did indeed copy
that information down.  But I do not recognise this as the
activity described in the first posting of this thread.

Tom Petch, Network Consultant