Re: Plenaries at IETF 53

2002-01-18 05:40:03
John Klensin wrote:

* And should the IAB try to control microphone time, or is it
better to let people explain their views at whatever length that
takes?

One simple scheduling algorithm would be to have two microphone queues:
one for those speaking for the first time and one for those speaking for
the second (and third, etc.) time. The second queue is called upon only
if there's nobody waiting at the first queue. This might give everyone a
fair shot and avoids the "I'm done with my sermon, let's line up at the
end of the queue again" syndrome we saw in SLC.

--
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs