Re: Plenaries at IETF 53

2002-01-17 13:00:03
On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 04:42:45PM -0500, John Klensin wrote:
* Should we continue with the two-plenary model?  Should we do
so at every IETF, or consider some sort of periodic or
occasional schedule?

Please continue.  Do so at every IETF modulo demand.

* If so, should we continue with IESG on Wednesday and IAB on
Thursday, or should we alternate them (or adopt some more
radical schedule change -- probably too late for Minneapolis at
this point).

It depends why people couldn't come on Thursday night.  For the great
majority: now they know better.  Keep it the way it is now, and stay
consistent.

* Do you have major architectural themes that should be
addressed during the next IAB plenary if one is held?

(See later mail)

* And should the IAB try to control microphone time, or is it
better to let people explain their views at whatever length that
takes?

Some.  Keep a balance.  It depends on the substance etc., as usual.

..Scott