Re: am i the only one...

2002-08-22 13:50:41

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 mstjohns(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com wrote:

    Given that somewhere on the order of 2000 people attend each meeting
    I would be surprised if there were less than 1200 eligible.  In
    fact, just looking at the attendence lists for Minn and Salt Lake
    reveals over a 120 eligibles in the first 3% of the combined list (I
    took the lists, deleted everything but the email addresses,
    concatenated them and sorted then looked for duplicate addresses).

I looked in the Poised archives for the last set of statistics, which
have been done twice: August 1997 and September 2000.

The results were formatted differently and I chose to just cut-and-paste
here rather than try to clean it up:

August 1997

1115 Attended at least 2 of the meetings in  Memphis   San Jose  Montreal
1021 Attended at least 2 of the meetings in  San Jose  Montreal  LA
848  Attended at least 2 of the meetings in  Montreal  LA        Dallas
680  Attended at least 2 of the meetings in  LA        Dallas    Stockholm

September 2000

    Number of potential Nomcom volunteers for the 43rd-45th Meeting: 1413
    Number of potential Nomcom volunteers for the 44th-46th Meeting: 1480
    Number of potential Nomcom volunteers for the 45th-47th Meeting: 1250
    Number of potential Nomcom volunteers for the 46th-48th Meeting: 1463

Interpretation is left to the reader.

Jim