Re: am i the only one...

2002-08-22 09:03:15
I did check, but I'm not eligible.

There is noone to say you can't (well, not at the moment, given the very
slim amount of work around), I doubt I could justify the time or (more
importantly) the costs, even of dialing in on a cheap resellers service,
as they do mount up.

I have responded to people who complain that something isn't done, to
explain constraints and invite them to do something themselves. That
doesn't always work - they don't always do anything - but by and large
they do accept a need to put up or shut up.

There is a working group currently considering nomcom procedures. Such
comments should be posted there.

Donald

PS: I have found that telling people "don't dare complain about X" is
not a particularly effective argument.

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Eliot Lear wrote:

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:32:39 -0700
From: Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
To: Pekka Savola <pekkas(_at_)netcore(_dot_)fi>
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: am i the only one...

Pekka Savola wrote:
Attending teleconferences is boring as it is, attending weekly 2-hour
tellies, probably arranged in a US-centric fashion (as most things here
are) must be next to unbearable?

It's a burdensome time commitment, no doubt.  On the other hand, don't
dare complain about "U.S. centric" anything if you are not willing to be
part of the process to effect change.

--
Dominic Pinto
                                        | Barn Cottage, Hill House
Senior Associate Telesphere Limited     | Somerton Road,
                                        | between Souldern & Somerton
http://www.telespherelimited.com        | Bicester, Oxon, OX25 6LS, UK
Ph/Fax: +44 1869 346375 Cellphone/GSM Mobile: +44 780 302 8268
Friend or Former Student of University of Newcastle upon Tyne?
Join us: See http://www.ncl.ac.uk/alumni
Check out FITCE Congress 2002 Genoa at http://www.fitce.org