RE: Reminder: Deadline for input on sub-ip discussion

2002-12-10 08:19:24

--On mandag, desember 09, 2002 22:59:20 -0800 Bill Strahm
<bill(_at_)strahm(_dot_)net>
wrote:

I have an interesting set of questions for you Harold,
1) How effective would the IESG be with 2 more members, more effective,
or less

My personal opinion is that it would be less effective, because there would
be a larger group that needs to come to consensus on issues - and the group
dynamics of a larger group are more complex/take longer than in a smaller
group.

2) What would happen to any "new" IESG members in the SUB-IP area, if
the area is shut down ?

My personal reading is that the rules permit us to reallocate ADs between
areas, and for ADs to resign, but not to remove them. So they would stay
around for a while - the next nomcom would make the adjustments needed.

In otherwords, does the IESG think that a two new members would help
overall effectiveness, or make it lower

If the consensus of the IESG is that adding more members would make them
less effective go with the victim/temporary route.

If the consensus of the IESG is that adding two members would make the
IESG more effective, lets look at making it permanent, or have a place
to put the extra members when the "temporary" area shuts down.

In other words what makes that IESG more effective