Re: Searching for depressing moments of Internet history.....

2003-01-13 08:08:30
support(_at_)webmastersguide(_dot_)com wrote:
Why the creation of the first porn site is a
depressing moment I'm not sure.

A few years ago I found myself wondering why most commercial websites
are so garish, flashy, fragmented, and awkward to navigate.  I came to
the conclusion that they'd all taken their stylistic lead from the very
first commercial websites: the porn sites.  Is it not depressing that
porn-pushing techniques have been adopted into, and come to dominate,
mainstream commerce?

(Happy lynx user here, it's not often that I'm forced to see how visually
appalling these sites have been designed to be.)

-zefram