Re: Financial state of the IETF - to be presented Wednesday

2003-03-17 05:44:03

--On 16. mars 2003 10:30 -0500 shogunx
<shogunx(_at_)sleekfreak(_dot_)ath(_dot_)cx> wrote:

Harald,
I have a facility that will fit the purposes of the IETF in Daytona.  We
have an international airport, and we can probably get a tremendous deal
on the ballrooms if we can guarantee the occupancy of the hotel during a
slow season... november-february.  Local vendors can satisfy food needs
efficiently.  When you mentioned corporate sponsor the last time we spoke,
did you mean that we need someone to cover the costs described below?

Traditionally, the host has been covering the cost of the terminal room and the Tuesday night social event. This may change going forward - we'll talk about this on Wednesday. And of course, both US IETF meetings this year are going forward without the traditional sponsors.

If you have numbers, please send them to Marcia (mbeaulie(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org), who does the meeting planning and negotiation with hotel sites.

                      Harald