Re: Financial state of the IETF - to be presented Wednesday

2003-03-16 04:30:24
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Marshall Rose wrote:
maybe i'm not following, but it looks like

    (food + meeting room) / 3 = $350,921

which is still $113K more than getting the meeting rooms only.

So, with the estimate of 1500 people per session, that makes 76$/IETF for
food and stuff.

15$/day, not too bad, IMO.

Of course, if that'd help, we could just split off "food + beveradge
fees" from the attendance, e.g. extra 10 or 15 dollars per day or 50-75$
for the whole thing.  Paying could be voluntary, even -- but it'd be on
your conscience if you ate without paying.

I certainly would be willing (to have my company :-) pay that; all in all,
it's *much* more convenient than to go eat breakfast, go elsewhere looking
for cookies, soda and stuff.