Re: A follow up question

2003-04-23 16:40:55
 Tony, we understand that we don't have a
completely connected network.  We've understood that for years.
But we're not willing to adopt your delusions that this is
the same problem as having ambiguous addresses.

I am focusing on your 4/18 assertion: introduction of scoped addresses
causes far more problems than it solves.

I am not talking at all about ambiguity.

ambiguity is certainly one class of problems that site locals cause.

now whether you define scoped addresses as "names for locations in the
network whose meanings are relative to a particular subset of the
network, and which may have other meanings in other subsets of the
network", or "addresses are only reachable from a particular portion of
the network" is, I suppose, fairly arbitrary. I've been using the former
definition.

Keith