Re: spam

2003-05-26 16:10:51
Theodore writes:

It's a lot more costly than time just to
"hit delete".  It's the time to determine
whether it's spam, or something valuable,
since the cost of accidentally deleting something
valuable can be very, very costly indeed.

That requires only a fraction of a second for me.

It's the cost to download mail.

Here again, only a fraction of a second.

I'm currently travelling in Wales, and my
internet access is (a) slow, and (b) expensive.

I'm at home, and my access is (a) fast and (b) cheap.

The argument of costliness just doesn't hold water.