IETF-related attendees at FTC spam forum

2003-05-27 06:57:26
On Sunday 25 May 2003 15:32, Richard Shockey wrote:

 RS> I personally attended the FTC hearings on SPAM and there
 RS> were only 2 other people in the audience that had any
 RS> connection to the IETF whatsoever.

Since you mention Dave Crocker, I guess I must be the mysterious third
person.  B-)

I didn't notice any other familiar names, but methinks there were
probably many people with "any connection to the IETF whatsoever".
After all, you probably didn't get to check out everybody's nametag, nor
have you probably memorized the names of all IETF-related people.

If you mean "officer, or otherwise entitled to speak on behalf, of the
IETF or some WG", "author of any drafts or RFCs", "have attended an IETF
meeting", or some such, well, that's a different story entirely.
Likewise if you mean panels rather than audience.

 RS> No one from the Internet Society was there BTW.

Again, if you mean to include ordinary members, there were probably
many... such as, again, myself.

 RS> If each of us do nothing I can guarantee you the Congress will
 RS> screw it up...

Heck, even if we do something....  ;-/

--
David J. Aronson, unemployed Software Engineer in Washington DC area.
Go to http://destined.to/program/ for online resume, references, etc.