Re: requiring payment (was spam)

2003-05-28 07:28:18
I really find your solution to be appalling, especially when I look at your email address -> Yahoo! -> probably a free account. I pay a premium price for a legitimate set of IPs and a space on a Server. The correct solution is to enforce masking techniques so we as users can screen our email, much like phone calls via caller ID, which also needs work to prevent making a phone number. Charging the user is like the Internet Taxation Issue, it hurts one of the only semi viable markets in our deplorable economy. Making the end user have restrictions and costs due to our inability to control a problem internally, shows how quick we as a society are willing to hand over our rights to a group, such as Homeland Security of a commercial unit, so that we can brush an issue under the rug!! A good working solution requires understanding the issues, architectural and conceptual design and development resulting from appropriate research, alpha/beta implementation, testing and cooperative implementation planning, as well as appropriate communication to users and training.

I thought IETF was founded on the idea of working through issues, not on being reactionary!

Rebecca L. Page
Teris Consulting Group
Saline, MI
734-944-1177