Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

2003-06-01 15:00:27
Valdis writes:

The guys at LSoft Inc feel otherwise...

The guys at LSoft Inc are welcome to express themselves directly here.

That's *only* for LSoft's Listserv product, and
does *NOT* include all the intranet installs of
Listserv.

Two points: (1) you don't seem to be counting people subscribed to more than
one list; and (2) how would spammers harvest from INTRANET installs of
Listserv?

I'm subscribed to dozens of mailing lists, many administered by Listserv.
Am I one person, or a hundred?

I think we can conclude that a great many
Internet users *DO* participate in mailing lists.

I think not, in part for reasons I've stated above.