Re: Last 7 days on the IETF list

2003-06-02 01:56:08

On lördag, maj 31, 2003, at 06:12 Europe/Stockholm, Michel Py wrote:

Rob Austein wrote
Traffic statistics (as seen from my cave, your mileage
may vary) for the last seven days on the ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
mailing list.

Thanks for posting this. I was about to join another poster in saying
that you should not have posted the bytes; however, on second thought, I
like seeing them in the table. Apparently there is a direct correlation
between the bytes and the number of messages anyway. It is instructive
to see the info.

It also (might) show that people are quoting excessively which makes whatever point they where trying to make more or less impossible to read. Unfortunately for the top ones the number of mails correlates to the number of bytes which says something else...

- kurtis -