Re: WG review: Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (l2vpn)

2003-06-29 23:20:43

--On onsdag, juni 25, 2003 09:42:19 -0700 Yakov Rekhter <yakov(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net> wrote:

the attached e-mail that have been posted to the PPVPN mailing
list sheds some light on why the IETF's track record for this
work so far is quite poor.

since we've started recycling other people's arguments, let me repost what Brian Carpenter replied on problem-statement too... nobody else rose up to refute him there on this issue.

My spam filters decided to put it in the junk. But it neatly
illustrates the issue we have when the I* tries to look at
the big picture, and a special interest group looks only at its
own small area - there is a genuine conflict of interest, and
the IETF and its processes are set up to favour the big picture.
That is not a problem IMHO. It's exactly correct, except that we
have to explain it better to the special interest groups.

   Brian