Re: WG review: Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (l2vpn)

2003-06-30 03:36:07

--On onsdag, juni 25, 2003 09:00:28 -0700 Yakov Rekhter <yakov(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net> wrote:

I certainly agree with your on the "track record". But I think we
need to be a bit more specific on why the track record is "quite
poor". For example, why the IESG didn't approve 2547bis as a Proposed
Standard 2 years ago ?  Ditto for draft-martini... Perhaps folks
from the IESG would care to explain this...

It might have something to do with the fact that the WG has not requested that the IESG process these drafts.... if the WG has not come to consensus on asking for the drafts to be published, I'm afraid the IESG cannot do anything.

NOTE: I am completely aware that IESG members have been active in the architectural discussions that have led to the WG not asking for standards-track publication on these drafts. But the reason for these non-actions is, I believe, to be found in the *working group* process.

               Harald, who is NOT active in ppvpn