Re: literature review [ was: blah blah blah ]

2003-09-09 17:05:05
Randy,

as bernard pointed out a while ago, the lack of a review of, and
reference to, the [should be] known literature is notable in many
classes of ietf work and an embarrassing number of internet
drafts.

I think the expression that applies to parts of the IETF community is something like, instead of standing on the shoulders of those who have come before us, we stand on their toes....

Bob

p.s. I am not the originator of this phrase, but can't remember where I heard it first.