Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your ...

2003-09-17 15:37:42
It did that if you sent to any other toplevel domain that had wildcards,
and others do.

The behavior hasn't changed.

Your mail client was making a false assumption. That is a bug in the
software.  The mail client shouldn't be looking up domains. It should be
sending it to the relay. The relay then decides where to send the message.
The relay may be configured to route non-DNS domains, or do translations
to other systems. Your mail client can't know about that. If the relay
can't send the message somewhere, then it is supposed to bounce the
message.  This decision is made by the relay, not the mail client.

Your mail client has had a bug, for a long time.

                --Dean