Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your ...

2003-09-19 21:32:04
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:27:47 EDT, Dean Anderson said:
What Doug Royer is complaining about is that his mail client previously
told him right away. He didn't have to wait for a bounce.  Now he has to
wait for a bounce, and that is a "big change".

Oh?  Do you have proof that "right away" means "immediate in-line checking"?
My laptop is currently a 100BaseT and a gigabit hop from the mail server -
a proper bounce done the way you want can arrive in under 2-3 seconds.
If you count in the fact that my laptop has a perfectly good MTA of its own,
a bounce can come back before I've gotten the mouse cursor off the 'send'
button.

Contrast that to a possibly multiple-hour wait if you're sending it off to
wherever
Verisign is sucking your mail.  And *MAYBE* a bounce. (Work out what happens
if you send to more than one bad recipient).