Re: IETF58 - Network Status

2003-11-13 07:08:21
Just to echo Randall here - it seemed especially brutal last night,
when we were all in Salon D. I didn't start Network Stumbler during
the Plenary, but I did earlier in the week, and was seeing as many as
15-20 machines announcing ad-hoc ietf58.

If I hadn't been typing as fast as I could, I would have suggested
that we stop the plenary long enough to turn off all the offenders!
But perhaps we could make this announcement tonight, after everyone
gets inside and turns their machines on?

Spencer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randall Gellens" <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
To: <58crew(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: IETF58 - Network Status

I have been consistently unable to maintain a connection for more
than a very few minutes, usually not even long enough to establish a
VPN tunnel and fetch one message.  The 802.11 coverage comes and
goes; the APs seem to vanish and I see nothing for a while,
eventually the network comes back but only briefly.  This has been
the case in every session I've attended, as well as tonight's
plenary.  It doesn't seem to matter if the room is crowded or empty,
or where I sit.

I have attempted to only select the 'ietf58' network, but often the
network vanishes and there are no networks visible; other times the
only visible "network" is an ad-hoc calling itself 'ietf58'.
--
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself

This message was passed through
ietf_censored(_at_)carmen(_dot_)ipv6(_dot_)cselt(_dot_)it,
which is a sublist of ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Not all messages are
passed.
Decisions on what to pass are made solely by IETF_CENSORED ML
Administrator (ietf_admin(_at_)ngnet(_dot_)it).