Re: IETF58 - Network Status - 12:05PM Local Time

2003-11-11 10:52:12
Totally agree with your view, sorry if I was too much rude.

But the result is that today the network is working better than never !

Regards,
Jordi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathaniel Borenstein" <nsb(_at_)guppylake(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: IETF58 - Network Status - 12:05PM Local Time

It sounds to me like this at least as likely to be caused by
cluelessness as malice.  If we eventually want a world where networks
this big are everywhere, we can't afford to blame the users for
cluelessness when those networks break, especially since the average
user in that future will be at least *slightly* more clueless than the
average IETF attendee.

And if it's this easy to mess up maliciously, well.... maybe we should
be commissioning an IETF police force that will develop the tools to
track down the offending laptops in real time and pour diet Coke in
their network cards?  -- Nathaniel