TCP OVER OBS [EXPERTS PLEASE SUGGEST]

2003-11-14 06:07:13
Hi,

How we can calculate TCP send rate i.e TCP packet per second for bursty traffic in ns?

I would like to have 1Gb link with 1000 byte TCP packet size.

I am using the formula:

TCP (send rate) = Average (Window)/Average(RTT)

I have implemented the loss module on the link for packet drops at a specific loss rate say :0.300134. But I am getting TCP window size :2.471188 and RTT is constant : 0.05.

TCP (send rate) = 2.471188 / 0.05   =  49.4

The topology is stated below:

How can we amplify the TCP window like I am getting very small values of TCP window at large values of loss probabilities???I am looking forward for some values of TCP (send rate) in thousands.

Please help.......

Looking forward dor your cooperation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,