Re: IETF58 - Network Status

2003-11-18 10:47:02
I already indicated before: 100-150 Euros more is not a big issue.

My time retrying my connection hundreds of times during a week cost much more
and my productivity and concentration goes low. I'm sure is the same for a lot
of people !

Regards,
Jordi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott W Brim" <swb(_at_)employees(_dot_)org>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: IETF58 - Network Status

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 04:39:03PM +0100, Roland Bless allegedly wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:53:09 +0100 "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ"
<jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:

I believe that the terminal room, with wired connectivity, is no
longer needed. But the terminal room, as a place with tables, is
very

I disagree here. Having a _stable_ (fallback) network access,
especially when shifting around larger files, is very convenient. I'm
not in favor of abandoning the fixed net access (except if cutting
down the costs require it).

Fairly soon, all relevant hotels will offer their own wireless access,
as well as connectivity from your room, and from suites, as a fallback.
Also, in a meeting, one can pass CDs or USB thingies around.  Risk of
serious long-term wireless outage is low.  How much are you willing to
pay in order to reduce risk to 0% and to have your fallback network be
nice and convenient?  IETF finances are not in good shape.

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on line at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.