Re: IETF58 - Network Status

2003-11-18 20:05:54

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:38:12 -0800, "Eliot Lear" <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
said:

As long as we're bitching about the network: would it be possible to
start doing some unicast streaming of sessions in the future? Access
to multicast hasn't gotten significantly better the past decade, but
streaming over unicast is now routine as the codecs are so much
better these days, as is typical access bandwidth. I'll happily take
40 kbps MPEG-4 audio only; the video is so badly out of sync that it
is unwatchable most of the time anyway.

Will you happily pay for the privilege?

FWIW, I would not mind paying.

My ISP has been filtering ICMP for the past 6 months, and it was a pain
just getting to the right person who knows the reason. I don't think I
want to even try talking to them about multicast......

CP