Re: IETF58 - Network Status

2003-11-18 12:22:25
I have a similar opinion ...

I believe that the terminal room, with wired connectivity, is no
longer needed.

My experience last week was otherwise.  There were times at which the only
reliable connectivity I could find (well, in a smoke-free area, anyway)
was via a wired network connection.  Or at least after trying to find a
wireless connection a 3 or 4 places, I was glad to be able to "give up"
and just go to the terminal room.  Of course the terminal room is much more
accessible these days now that wireless in the meeting rooms/hallways
can relieve some of the need to provide space and cables for everyone...