Re: PKIs and trust

2003-12-14 12:55:08
All of those statements, assertions, and so on can be made in simple signed messages. When you get a message with statements about your job, you verify that the message has been signed using your boss' public key. What's the problem here?

Some of the problems occur when I start trusting software to tell me whether to believe in the identity, authority, or role claimed by someone I don't know personally. It gets worse if I start trusting software to make decisions based on the things that people I don't know personally tell me.