Re: digital signature request

2004-02-26 23:44:27

"Robert G. Brown" wrote:

Work and time burdens are not uniform or static because of Moore's law
[snip]

What? Gimme a break. I can impose the exact time burden I want at each s
step in a protocol -- I simply do not reply before the time I want elapses.
This is SOP in any attack protection or congestion-control toolbox. There
is NO Moore's law here.

Work burden, when well-engineered with a time burden, can also certainly be
added specifically  when desired and without penalizing everyone. For example,
work burden can be demanded when a message has a non-verifiable envelope ---
it will NOT burden senders that have verifiable envelopes.

Regards,
Ed Gerck