Re: respect privacy please !

2004-05-21 09:07:46
On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:33:14AM -0400, John C Klensin wrote:

However, before we say "that is a wonderful idea" (or not),
let's remember the substance of several of the "IETF
administration" notes and documents that have been circulated in
the last several months.  If I understand those materials and

I appreciate the IETF's resource issues.

But just block web access to the registration list page until 8th August,
the data is still there, just noone can publicly see it?   That doesn't
take long to do (a few minutes).

If people are suspicious, publish a hash of the list or something.

having _my_ name and payment status listed -- it provides an
easy way for me to check on whether I've registered and paid or
whether I let it fall through the cracks.

Fair point, but you get an email confirmation?

Tim